Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Comments about Reading 3- JCOM 2160

I sure knew much about what search engines were and weren't able to do, but it's news to me to learn that there may soon be amended federal laws which require search engines to delete personal information over a certain period of time. Hopefully, I'm not living my life to the point that I need to be worried about what a potential employer might find online either way.
It's good to see Congress seriously mulling over updating and rewriting the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Obviously, much has changed in the media landscape in the past 15 years, and I'm sure that vehicle could use some serious remodeling. In that same wave, I likewise would not be surprised to see changes in the way we approach certain search engines if they will be somewhat privy to telephone lines and the like. Sure, it may be odd to see myself drawing away from oh-so-wonderful Google, but so be it.
I am striving to develop my own personal brand right now in being involved in student politics, athletics and religious leadership organizations on top of being employed by two different types of USU media, but my online excursions could certainly use some work. This third article provided a lot of encouragement for how to do so, with great ideas as to how to be both individual and authentic.
Now for that domain name...

No comments:

Post a Comment